Request for Bids Lawn Maintenance
The Dyer County Mayor's Office is accepting bids for lawn maintenance at the Dyer County Courthouse according to the attached
specifications and the following conditions.
1. Bids must be submitted by signing the Bid Agreement and completing the enclosed Bid Specification form. Bids will be
accepted until 10:00 a.m. Wednesday, March 28, 2018.
Bids should be placed in a sealed envelope, marked on the outside "BID ON LAWN MAINTENANCE, " and submitted to:
Dyer County Mayor
101 West Court Street
Dyersburg, TN 38024
2. The contract period will be April 1, 2018 to March 31, 2019 with the possibility of five (5) twelve month extensions at the
option of the Dyer County Mayor's Office.
3. The company or individual awarded this contract will be required to furnish workman's compensation insurance in
the amounts required by law. A certificate of insurance will be required verifying workman's compensation,
general liability in the amount of $1,000,000 and automobile liability in the amount of $1,000,000. The certificate
should be included with the submission of this bid. A current certificate is to be kept on file in the Dyer County
Mayor's Office for the duration of the contract and contract extensions.
4. The company or individual awarded this contract will be responsible for all applicable taxes, licenses, assessments,
contributions, penalties, and interest due to the state, or any county, municipality or political subdivision thereof.
5. The company or individual awarded this contract must comply with all applicable Federal, State, and County laws
6. A ticket or separate invoice must be prepared detailing the services that have taken place on each date that services
were performed. A monthly statement should be submitted totaling all services performed that month. Payments
will be made from the monthly statement by the tenth of the following month if timely invoice is received.
7. In the opinion of the mayor, if the required services are not performed satisfactorily, the mayor's office shall have
the right to immediately terminate the contract and withhold payments in excess of fair compensation for the
completed services. In the event a termination of contract occurs the contract may be awarded to the next best
bidder to be determined from the original bids submitted.
8. The contractor shall not enter into any subcontract for grounds maintenance services without the consent of the
Mayor or his designated employee.
9. In the event erosion occurs due to over use of weed killing chemicals, the contractor will be required to repair and/or
replace the eroded area at the contractors expense.
10. The Dyer County Mayor's Office reserves the right to reject any or all bids, to waive any information or irregularities
in the bidding process, and to accept the bid which provides the best overall benefit.
Includes: Courthouse and Vacant Lot (100/104 West Court)
_______ Mowed, edged, blown including noxious growth in
curbs and sidewalks.
Frequency; weekly during mowing season, if needed.
If hot, dry weather conditions exist and there is no
growth, weekly mowing should not be done.
Beginning and ending of mowing season will be decided
by Mayor Chris Young.
Additional mowing will be requested, if needed due to increased precipitation.
Scheduled mowings are subject to change due to weather conditions, if necessary.
_______ Over mulch area 3" depth
Frequency: Mulching - Once, upon request.
_______ Trimming of shrubs and trees at courthouse
Frequency: Trimming - Once, upon request.
Specifications for Weed Control and Fertilization - OPTIONAL
** Price for Labor only, Fertilizer will be reimbursed.
_______ Bed Fertilizing 15-15-15 - Receipt for fertilizer to accompany invoice
to be reimbursed one time annually
_______ Mid to late February - Pre-emerge - no fertilization
_______ Early May Pre and Post emerge and high nitrogen fertilizer
_______ June/July Post emerge and high nitrogen fertilizer
_______ Late October Pre and Post emerge, no nitrogen, phosphate and potash
Soil testing will be the responsibility of the contractor.
Contractor will report the P.H. level to the Mayor's office each fall.